Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Garden Tip #1

Luke already has vegetables! We have harvested radishes, lettuce, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, and are starting on the onions and potatoes. YUM!
Kinnison and the cauliflower.

I am going to call this Garden Tip #1. I am not sure if we will have any more advice, but if we do, I will post it on here. This tip is from J.W. Crawley. (my grandpa) See the onions below? It appears that they are sitting on the dirt.

Tip: After your onions come up, pull the dirt and weeds away from the base. This will help them grow. In the photo below, the onion on top did not have the dirt pulled away. The onion on the bottom did. If you look at the row on the right in the photo above, you will see that not all of our onions have had this done. You can tell a huge difference! My mom did most of the work. I did a little. The problem is, Luke planted too many onions!
Here is a picture of the girls at the garden. Aren't they adorable!
This photo was taken before we went to the moviater!

2 comments:

Robin and Stephen said...

Hey Crystal! I am so excited that I found your blog. I can't believe how fast your girls are growing up. They are precious! Love your garden!

Colleen said...

I'm jealous of your garden space! The only thing I have growing (besides flowers) is basil. We LOVE pesto in my house and get a lot of use out of growing our own!