Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Goodbye.

I have said a thousand goodbyes to Mag today. I rubbed his head and told him I loved him. I spent precious time with him. Luke came and got me and told me that Mag was taking very few breaths so we all went and sat in the garage with him. He wasn't in pain. I rubbed his head and Luke rubbed his belly while he took his last few breaths. I wish there was more I could have done. Maybe I could have prolonged his life a few more months. Who knows. I am so thankful he came home to me and I got to say my goodbyes. I am so thankful he isn't hurting anymore. He was a great dog and he will be missed very much.

3 comments:

Gattis said...

You write such a sad story. Sorry for your loss. I know it's tough! Hang in there.

Fran said...

Crys and Luke,I'm so so so sorry about Mag. It's so hard to lose a part of the family and especially one that was so full of spunk. He will be missed!!!

Laura said...

Crystal... I am so, so sorry about Mag. I know how much of a dog lover -- and animal lover -- you are and how sad this is. I am also sorry I have been so lax with my blog reading this summer and I am just now telling you how very sorry I am. Much love...