Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ugh.

I forgot to mention that I hit a deer Saturday...so I will share that story. Saturday was Ty's 4th Birthday. I can't believe he is 4! Ty is a funny little man. Really. He acts like he is 80 most of the time. He likes to imitate my grandpa and my dad. It is pretty funny. He wears suspenders, boots and carries a hanky. He is OBSESSED with tractors, trucks and anything else that involves mechanics or farming. Anyway, he had a pool party on Saturday. I was totally bumming on the way there and it was miserable hot. Thank goodness I wore my swimsuit. I got to swim with my girls. We had so much fun and the water felt great! I was driving on the way home and Luke yelled, "deer". There was two deer in my lane. There was a car coming in the other lane. I locked up my breaks and swerved into the other lane, but the deer was confused and ran the same direction. She smashed right into my passenger side door. If she would have ran the other way, or even stayed in my lane I would have missed her. I pulled over and Luke got out to see if she was dead. He told me not to get out. So, I stayed in the car. He told me that she was in bad shape and we needed to get a gun or a knife. She was standing up, but was walking in circles and didn't look good. So, we went back to the house and got a gun.When we got back to the place I hit her, she was gone! I am going to pretend like she was OK and ran into the woods to live happily ever after. I am so thankful we didn't have to shoot her. I am so thankful that we didn't hit both deer head on and that my family was OK. I had a large dent in my door. Luke and my dad fixed it already. It has been quite a weekend!

I am in a funk. I have really struggled with the recent events that have taken place. I really put a damper on the blog. Sorry. Writing about it helps me though. This weekend was crazy and I am ready to put it behind me. Thanks for the thoughts, prayers, and listening to me complain. I am going to try to lighten the mood now. So, I will post some adorable pictures of my girls from the party!

1 comment:

Laura said...

The girls are adorable... I'm glad you got to get some fun into the weekend. Hugs!