Please say a prayer for Kinnison and Kimber. They have both been very sick. They picked up a virus or bacteria somewhere. It was a terrible illness that caused coughing, sore throat, high fever and vomiting. It was very similar to the flu.
Kinnison started running a temp last Monday. It was 101.5. By Tuesday she was running a temp over 102. I took her to the doctor. She was negative for strep & flu, but had fluid behind her ears and a very swollen throat. So, they gave her antibiotics. Tuesday afternoon her temp went to 103.2 and she was very lethargic. I took her back to the doctor. They drew blood and gave her a new antibiotic and an antibiotic shot. Her bloodwork showed a bacterial infection. Wednesday she was a little better, but Thursday her temp was back to 102. So, I took her back to the doctor. They did another flu swab and checked her out again. Again, the flu swab was negative. By Thursday afternoon her temp was back to 103. I was very concerned, so I made her an appointment at the Pediatric Clinic Urget Care Clinic. They were so busy they couldn't get us in until 9pm! She was immediately diagnosed with pneumonia. He said he could only hear it with deep breaths and it could have been easily missed earlier that day. I was not happy she had pneumonia, but was very happy to have a diagnosis. I knew something else was wrong, but we couldn't find anything. I felt like a crazy lady! She got another antibiotic and has been improving ever since.
Kimber started out with a 101 temp on Friday night. She has had pneumonia three times before and I was very concerned that she would get pneumonia from this as well. We had stopped the first antibiotic Kinnison was given, so I started giving it to Kimber Friday night. She has had the same symptoms except a lower fever. She has coughed, vomited and complained of a sore throat. She ran a 100 temp during the day and then 101 temp at night. We finished her last dose of antibiotic today. I noticed at lunch today that she was becoming lethargic and at nap I noticed she was breathing rapidly. When she got up from nap she was very cranky and couldn't stop coughing. I knew something else was going on. Thankfully Dr. Lee's office worked her in. Luke took her and they immediately did x-rays and confirmed that she has pneumonia...AGAIN. This is her fourth time to have pneumonia! When she is well she will be undergoing a battery of tests to see if there is an underlying cause. Dr. Lee feels like it is most likely allergies or asthma. I can handle allergies, but I do not want her to have asthma. Asthma is so scary! She doesn't have any asthma symptoms, but it is very hard to diagnose in children under the age of five. They are going to do bloodwork to check her immune system. I am hoping she doesn't have an immune deficiency. She has had croup twice, pneumonia four times and has also had tubes. One of her doctors pointed out that all of her illnesses except the pneumonia were normal childhood illnesses. Luckily she has only been hospitalized once. We are going to start allergy medicine tomorrow. We are hoping that will help. I don't know what caused the first three rounds of pneumonia, but I really feel like this was caused by whatever Kinnison had. Kinnison has never had pneumonia and she developed it in a matter of days with this nasty bug!
I HATE when my babies are sick. I get so stressed. It literally makes me physically ill. I can't eat or sleep. I feel so helpless. I would do anything to make them feel better! Please say a prayer that they recover quickly, that Kimber doesn't have to be hospitalized this time, and pray that we figure out what is causing Kimber to have recurrent pneumonia. Also, please say a prayer baby Kanyon. I have not been taking care of myself like I should. I haven't been sleeping at all. I have been waiting on kids, cleaning up vomit, washing bedding and playing pharmacist. Hopefully they both get well soon so we can get back to our routine! I am ready for SPRING!
Love,

1 comment:
I hope they feel better soon!! Hope you are too.
Post a Comment