Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Attitude.

I used to be a very optimistic person. I saw the best in everyone. I was rarely in a bad mood. I was happy all the time. I would say I was something like Dory in one of my favorite Finding Nemo scenes:


Somehow that has changed. Instead of Dory, I have been Debbie. Debbie Downer. I can think of a few key events that have led me to this new attitude. Things have not always went my way. People haven't always treated me fairly or kindly. We have had our share of rough times and disappointments. But, everyone has those. Sometimes the smallest most insignificant things send me into a downward spiral. Sometimes I feel like my expectations are unreasonable.

Luke and I have always said, "If we didn't have bad luck we wouldn't have any luck at all." But, that isn't true. Not even close. My husband is my best friend. He works his butt off so I can stay at home with my babies. I am living the life I always dreamed of. (even when I am drowning in vomit) I have two beautiful girls and a beautiful boy due in 14 weeks! I have an amazing family and some amazing friends.

So, starting now I am going to be working on a new attitude. This includes a new language and a new tone. I have been quick to judge others. I have been quick to throw stones, often saying things I regret. I have been focused on the things going wrong in my life instead of all the things going right. I have two healthy, beautiful, smart, generous, sweet girls. And, I want to be a positive, patient, kind, generous, Christian role model for them. My family is my life. I am so incredibly blessed!

It doesn't get any better than this!

Photobucket

No comments: