Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Trying To Think Positive!

Kinnison puked all over the bathroom. Then she puked all over her bedroom. This included their lesson box, computer desk and the new chair with a canvas seat. I had a full fledged nervous breakdown. She is the one almost done with medicine. She is the one without a temp. She is the one feeling well. Why is she puking now?? And why on earth has she quit hitting the trash can and toilet?

I can't handle vomit anymore. I have cleaned so much of it up in the last 5 years. When one of them throws up I honestly want to scream...and sometimes I do. (mom of the year) I start to shake and recently have begun to cry. I am blaming that on the pregnancy hormones. Remember the sensitivity to smell when you are pregnant? It makes my eyes water and I start heaving. Kinnison threw up all over herself in the car this week. She had a large puke bucket in her lap. I saw it all over her face. I knew she was going to puke. I made her get her puke bucket. (butter bowl, cottage cheese bowl, gallon mayo or pickle jar or nearest empty container) She had it IN HER LAP and still proceeded to puke all over herself and the car. She had to ride around most of the day naked. We finally found a Wal-Mart and I bought her some new clothes. I can't tell you the number of times I have had to do this! Kinnison had reflux when she was a baby. She puked all day every day. I constantly washed clothes. I had to take a change of clothes with us every where we went. If she has drainage she pukes. If she gets nervous she pukes. Riding in the car makes her puke. She pukes for no reason. She has puked on the way to almost every single photoshoot. She puked on the way to her dance recital. She puked on the way to the way to the Clothesline Fair Parade. She puked on the way to the hospital the day Kimber was born. She puked on the way to the hospital when Kimber was admitted for pneumonia. She puked on the last day of MDO. Seriously. SHE PUKES ALL THE TIME.

I am not sure how much more of this I can take. I have been locked in this house with sick kids for over a week. Did I mention that my washer is broke...again? This time the rubber around the door ripped and it leaks water and bubbles all over the floor. I have had load after load of pukey blankets and clothes. I am losing my mind!

I am trying to be positive. I am trying to be thankful. I am trying to be patient and understanding (and failing miserably) I try to remember that I'm blessed to have a washing machine...even if it isn't working properly. I'm blessed that we have good doctors and modern medicine. I'm blessed to be able to be home with my kids. I am thankful we haven't had to take one or both of them to the hospital. It could be way worse.

But, this mama needs a break. Badly. I am exhausted. Hand mopping the bathroom floor is not easy on a girl who is 6 months pregnant!

Praying the puking is over!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Bettina said...

You poor thing!! I hate puke... hate hate hate..
Just thinking about it makes me a little nervous.
Did the dr's ever tell you why she pukes?
Karissa use to gag all the time on her toncils and so we had those removed. Also the snot issue from sinuses. Way gross....

Hang in there momma...