Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Starting My Stockpile.

I have been following the Krazy Coupon Lady for a while. I read on her website that there would be a $3.00 off Gain Fabric Softener coupon in the paper a few weeks ago. I got a paper, but the coupon wasn't there. For some reason there wasn't a RedPlum insert that week. So, I bought some of the coupons on eBay. This is the fabric softener I normally use. I buy a bottle about every 2 weeks. So, I decided to buy 40 coupons. I won the first auction for $11.95 including shipping and the second auction for $9.99 including shipping. So, my coupons cost .59 cents and .50 cents each.
A 60 load bottle of Gain costs $4.18 at Wal-Mart.
So, after the coupon I spend $1.18. When you factor in the cost of the coupon I am spending $1.68-$1.77, which is still less than half price.

An 80 count box of dryer sheets costs $3.26 at Wal-Mart.
So, after the coupon I spend .26 cents for a box. When you factor in the cost of the coupon I am spending $.76-.85 cents per box.

This is a great deal! I have purchased mostly liquid since I use it daily. But, I have bought about 6 boxes of the dryer sheets. You can only use 4 of the coupons at once. So, I just pick up 4 bottles each time I am there. I only have 8 coupons left to use. When I am done I will have about a 2 year supply of fabric softener!

This would have been an awesome deal if I could have gotten the coupons cheaper. But, this is a HOT coupon, so they were going fast on eBay. And, I would have spent even more if I bought 40 Sunday newspapers.

I am hoping to find some more bargains like this and stock up while they are cheap!
Photobucket

No comments: