Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Judgement.

I took the girls with me to church last week. We don't go to church as often as we would like. I'll get into the reason why later. Last week Andrew talked about a lot of great stuff. One thing that stuck out to me was judgement. He said, "Don't pull out your judgement gun (pointing finger) and shoot everyone around you." He said that if you are going to judge others you should be totally transparent with your own sins.  He also said that if you claim that you do not sin you are a liar.  Everybody sins. Every day. 


.
I have been judged by so many people in my life.  Do I sin?  Yes.  Every. Single. Day. But, my sins are between me and my God. It has nothing to do with anyone else. When I sin, I ask for forgiveness. And, I make an honest effort not to make the same mistake twice. Have I been judged unfairly? Yes.  More often than not. Have I judged other people unfairly? Yes. And, it is something I am honestly trying to work on.


Telling other people how they should live, what they should do, pointing your finger or pointing out their flaws does not define who they are. It defines who you are.


If everyone would spend half as much time loving as they do judging this world would be a lot more pleasant place! 

And, please remember this...


I have been working on this myself.  I know how I feel. I know what I believe. I know who I want to be.  And, I know where I want to go. But, there are days that my behavior, attitude and talk do not reflect those feelings and goals.

Mathew 7:1-5

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.







I am a sinner! I have so many things I want to change about myself.

A few of my personal goals. 
~ Do not gossip or talk about others.
~ Do not curse
~ Do not judge
~ Forgive

Now, the reason I don't go to church as often as I would like. First of all, I don't believe that church defines your faith. I believe your heart and your relationship with God does. But, I go to an awesome church. I love the pastor and the pastor's wife. They are fantastic people. 

For a while now, my Grandpa's health has been deteriorating. A few years ago we started mowing the yard at the farm for him. We started doing it on the weekends and it has become a tradition. We go to the farm on Saturday and Sunday and do whatever Grandma and Grandpa want us to. My Grandpa is so weak that he can't even fill "Old Dandy" up with the gas jug. So, we burn brush, cut fire wood for their weekend stays, brush hog, mow, weedeat, garden, ect. I cherish the days I get to spend with them.  I was  very blessed in the family tree department and my Grandparents are the roots of the family. They mean so much to me.  I cannot imagine a world without them in it. My Grandpa was raised in that old farmhouse.  He has a long list of things he wants accomplished, so every weekend I will continue to go the farm and do what he asks me to do...because he is the boss. One day they will not be with us anymore and I don't want to miss a single opportunity to spend time with them. The same goes for my kiddos. I didn't know my Papa, Granny or Grandpa Lester. I am so blessed that my Grandpa, Grandma, and Meme have been such a huge part of my  childrens' lives. 

I had so many people praying for Kimber today.  You have no idea how much it means to us.  She did so well.  We couldn't be more proud of her. She is a tough girl! I packed her lots of movies and snacks for the hospital.  She got a new My Little Pony from me and Luke. Gammy & Pappy got her a Barbie Vet Puppy and Purse. She got to eat lunch with us at Chilis and got to play at Chuck E Cheese. We had a great day given the circumstances. 



Love,
Photobucket

No comments: