Sunday we had Decoration at the farm. Luke and I got Kinnison and Ty an ice cream cake for Graduation. They got to open a couple graduation gifts. Gammy, Pappy, Luke and I got Kinnison a karaoke machine. She loves it! She has been wanting one for a while. (pictures in previous post)
Monday morning we went to WRMC for Kimber's DMSA Renal Scan. She did really well. She cried before the catheter, but once they started she was OK. The nurse couldn't find a vein. Kimber calmly sat there watching her dig around for what seemed like eternity to me and Luke. Once they got the catheter in we had to wait for the medicine. Luke and I got her a new My Little Pony and a bag full of her favorite snacks. Gammy and Pappy got her Barbie Vet Puppy and Purse. Grandma Robin brought her strawberries and grapes. She was a very happy girl! After they gave her the medicine they said we could leave and return in 3 hours. She decided she wanted to go back to Chuck E Cheese. We ate at Chili's. After lunch we went back to the hospital for the scans. She laid on a table and the machine did everything. It was really easy! We are so proud of her for being such a brave, tough little girl. I got the results back on Friday and they said everything was normal! Praise the Lord! Her kidneys are functioning properly and there is no scarring from the infections. YEAH!
Wednesday we had Kinnison's graduation and cookout. (pictures in previous post)
Wednesday night Kanyon started running a fever. By Thursday morning it was 102. I knew it was his ear again. I took him to the Pediatric Clinic and got him some antibiotics. By Thursday night his temp was 104. I had to take Kinnison, Kimber and all the equipment to the T-Ball game, so the poor guy had to come with me. He was miserable. He started feeling better towards the end of the game. He did OK Thursday night. Friday morning I had to drop him and Kimber off at Gammy's house so I could go on Kinnison's field trip. Gammy said he did OK. When I got him home his temp was over 103 and he was extremely lethargic. I held him for hours. He wouldn't let me put him down. I called the nurse at the clinic and she was absolutely no help so I decided to take him back. I didn't get home until 8:30 lastnight. Dr. Grear checked him over good and agreed that 103+ is too high for an ear infection. (this is Kanyon's 9th ear infection and this one is not like any of the others) He re-checked his ears and said that from what Dr. Rasmussen wrote his ear has improved. He decided that Kanyon most likely has a virus with his ear infection that is causing the high fever. He didn't see anything in his throat or hear anything in his lungs to suggest there was anything else going on. Both doctors did hear a murmur though. They said it is most likely caused by the fever and should go away.
On top of all of that I got the stomach bug that Luke and Kinnison had! I had it for 3 days. I was miserable!
I also wanted to share that I have lost 6 lbs! I have been on WW for about 2.5 months. I haven't been doing great the past couple of weeks, but am going to get back on track next week. I have 48 days until vacation! I want to lose atleast 3 more and would be ecstatic if I could lose 8.
Kinnison's TBall team is 3-0. They are doing great! I'll try to post details and pictures later. It has been an interesting season!
No comments:
Post a Comment