This week has been crazy busy and it looks like it is going to be that way for the rest of the month.
I feel like I have done nothing but shuttle kids. Kimber and Kanyon have kept me busy with doctor visits and consults. Kinnison has had T-Ball practice twice a week and this week we started games twice a week. Her dance camp was every night this week from 3:30-5:30. Tomorrow we have decoration at the farm. Monday Kimber goes back to the hospital. Wednesday Kinnison graduates from Kindergarten. Wednesday night she has a graduation cookout. Friday she has another field trip. The week after next is her last week of Kindergarten! And the week after that she has Pee Wee Basketball Camp. I think I have something on the calendar every day in May. I think hope June is going to be a little less busy. Kinnison's school activities have kept me SO busy. I can't imagine when they are all three in school!
It is so easy to get wrapped up in the activities and obligations. I want the kids to have fun and be able to participate, but ultimately none of that stuff matters. Luke took today off to watch Kinnison's dance camp performance and I am so glad he did. He has been so busy. I am so thankful that he works hard to provide for us, but sometimes I think he is going to work himself to death! I think it is so important to take a break every once and a while. After Kinnison performed Luke loaded the girls up and took them fishing. They are camping at the farm tonight. We didn't have s'more stuff at the house and that is one of Kinnison's favorite parts of camping out! I ran into town and got her s'more stuff and Kimber some Slim Jims. They were very excited. Kanyon and I decided not to camp out because it was hot earlier today and we have to get food ready for Decoration tomorrow. We got to drive down and visit them for a while and it was beautiful out! It cooled off and there was a nice breeze. I got to take some pics of the super moon before I left. It is always so peaceful down there. The honeysuckles smell delicious right now!
The house is so quiet with just me and Kanyon here. I told Luke I remember when I thought one kid was a lot of work. Now having one kid is like a mini vacation. Kanyon and I got to take a nap!
I LOVE this song.
"Ain't in no hurry
I'd Be a fool now to worry
About all those things I can't change
And the time that I borrow
Can wait till tomorrow
Cause I ain't in no hurry today"
I have been listening to it a lot lately. Things have been so hectic. There are so many things that I worry about....some of them are important, some of them aren't. There are things I can change and things I can't. The only thing that matters is my family. I want them to be safe, healthy and happy. They mean absolutely everything to me. So, I am going to do my best not to focus on the dirty car, housework, money, obligations, people and all the things I can't change. I am going to make sure that we take time out of our busy schedules to focus on the things that really matter!
We have 55 days until vacation! I CANNOT wait! I love that my kids love the beach!

We have 55 days until vacation! I CANNOT wait! I love that my kids love the beach!

No comments:
Post a Comment