Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Kimber Update.

We met with the urologist today. He is sending Kimber for a VCUG ( voiding cystourethrogram ). I wasn't real impressed with him, but two other doctors mentioned this procedure, so I guess it is our next step. This procedure tests for VU Reflux. He said that if she had this condition it more than likely isn't serious or they would have seen something on the renal ultrasound. He also said that if she has this condition it is something we want to watch closely because it can cause permanent kidney damage. This condition can be fixed with surgery and medication, but most the time it fixes itself. We just want to make sure that we don't cause any harm to her kidneys.

We should be getting a call today or tomorrow to get the procedure scheduled. The procedure is scary and uncomfortable...especially for a four year old. Please keep praying for Kimber. She has been through a lot. I hate that she has to go through this. I would give anything to be able to take her place!

Thanks!

Photobucket

No comments: