Tator has been a member of our family since December of 2009. We wanted a small inside dog that the girls could grow up with. And, we wanted a dog that would protect them. I also wanted a dog that didn't shed. When he was a puppy he bit the girls a few times. (I probably would have too) We were afraid we would have to get rid of him. I am so thankful we didn't. He has turned out to be one of the best dogs we have ever owned! (We also tried getting rid of Lolly as a puppy. And, she has been one of the best dogs we have ever owned!)
Tator is a loyal companion to everyone in the family, but he is especially protective of the girls. A couple weeks ago we took the girls to the creek to fish. Luke carried the girls through the creek to get to a little gravel island. Tator didn't like it one bit. He had never been swimming so he stood on the bank and barked and whined.
He finally found a path that got him closer. He ran along the bank and then just bailed into the water.
He was so happy that he was with them again.
Tator swam back to the bank and ran as fast as he could to meet the girls when they got out of the water.
This week he has been sick. He is on his first antibiotic. We think he ate something and it upset his tummy. He was vomiting and had diarrhea. Tuesday we couldn't find him. We looked for him for an hour. Luke finally found him hiding in a hole under a lawn mower. We were all very scared that he disappeared like Mag. We had Jackie out doing some work and were afraid he might have gotten under one of the trees when it fell. It was very scary. I think Luke and I were more upset than the girls were.
He has turned out to be the perfect pet for our family. He is obedient, smart, sweet, and protective. I love that he is potty trained and doesn't run off.
I also love that he sleeps like this every night.
Seriously. I am up every hour to go to the bathroom. At night he sleeps in the chair though. Everytime I get up to go to the bathroom and see him sleeping like this I laugh out loud.
We love our Tator!
1 comment:
He stand there like he is a little guard dog! ha! love it..and look how pathetic he looks on the floor, what a mess!!! LOL
Post a Comment