We had a busy weekend. We worked at the farm on Saturday and Saturday night we had a surprise retirement party for Meme. She was very surprised and very appreciative. She has worked hard her whole life. She deserved a celebration! Sunday we went back to the farm to work some more. I have great memories of working at the farm when I was little and am so happy that my children are making memories there too. How blessed are we that they get to spend so much time with their grandparents and great grandparents!?
I am so thankful for my Mom. She helps us unconditionally. She is one of the hardest working people I know. She always puts herself last, so Charity and I got her a gift certificate for a mani/pedi. I hope she enjoys it!
I am so blessed to be Kinnison and Kimber's Mom. They are sweet, funny, kind, compassionate, helpful, loving, smart little girls. I honestly can't remember what life was like before them, but I think it must have sucked. Every day is not rainbows and unicorns around here, but every day I thank God for making me their momma. They have filled my life with so much joy. Luke didn't get me anything for Mother's Day. I lie. He got me a camo chair that said "Bone Collector" in neon orange on the back. I told him to return it. It was seriously the most uncomfortable chair ever. I am too cheap (so is he) to keep something I don't like just to be nice. And, what on earth made him think that was a good gift idea? Anyway, he got me nothing for Mother's Day. I wanted some wildflowers...and didn't even get those. Yesterday I wanted to have a pity party for myself. Then I remembered how hard Luke works so I can stay at home. And, staying at home with my kids is the greatest gift this momma could ask for! I am thankful for everything he does for me on a daily basis, but next year I better get something good!
We only have 6 weeks (or less) until we get to meet Kanyon. We are doing an ultrasound on June 2nd to see how big Kanyon is and to determine how early we need to induce. I cannot wait to meet him!
We didn't do anything spectacular for Mother's Day, but we spent the weekend together as a family and enjoyed some beautiful weather! I couldn't ask for anything more!
No comments:
Post a Comment