Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pinkalicious

I am addicted to Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. I read her site daily. I swear she is part superhero. I normally step away from the computer feeling inadequate as a mother and wife. I still love her though. She introduced me to Bakerella. She also makes me feel inadequate. Anyway, she has a recipe for some adorable, delicious cupcake bites. I bought the stuff yesterday and decided to give them a try. I made about 3 dozen. The recipe is enough for 50. I knew we wouldn't be able to handle eating 50 though. This is a photo of one of the first ones. They got better with some practice. If you decide to give these a try, I have two tips.
1. Buy more than one mold. This will make it go faster.
2. Make your cake bites bigger. You need to make sure they will fit into the mold with chocolate around the sides. But, mine are too small and don't really look like cupcakes. If you look at Bakerella's photos you will see what I am talking about.
They are adorable and delicious! We made ours pink because Kinnison loves the Pinkalicious book. I will attempt these for Easter!

1 comment:

Laura said...

That looks yummy! Good job! I'm going to have to check out her blog.