The last couple of years I have participated in the Race for the Cure with the NWA Playgroup. Our group name is Mommies on a Mission. We also have a bake sale each year. The bake sale is Saturday, March 28th at 9:30. It will be held at the Wal-Mart by the NW Arkansas Mall. Last year I made dog treats and they were a huge success. So, I made them again this year. I am going to try to make human treats tomorrow.
I use a recipe from a book I bought many years ago. (Before we had kids....when I actually made homemade treats for the dogs) The book is called, "The Doggy Bone Cookbook" by Michele Bledsoe. It actually came with a dog bone cookie cutter. Here is the recipe:
Paw Lick'n Chick'n
3 Cups White Flour
3/4 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
1 Cup Chicken Broth
4 Tablespoons Softened Margarine
1 Egg
1 Tablespoon Milk
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine flour, cornmeal, chicken broth and margarine. Knead dough for 3 minutes. Apply a light layer of flour to rolling surface and rolling pin. Roll dough to 1/4" thickness and cut out with cookie cutter. Beat egg and milk together and baste each biscuit with a brush. Bake at 325 for 35 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet. Makes 2 dozen. Aren't they cute!?
And just because they are so darn cute, I will post another photo of my beautiful girls. I can't believe how big they are getting. :(
1 comment:
Very cool! Someday maybe I will make dogs treats. My kids are lucky enough if I have time to make them treats, lol!! Good luck with the fund raising!
Post a Comment