Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tractors and Pumpkins and Deer! Oh, My!

This weekend has been a crazy one. Friday we had family photos after work. We went to a beautiful park in Bella Vista. Kim Durham took the photos and from the previews we have seen, they are amazing! Yesterday morning Luke went hunting and didn't have any luck. He had to do some work for my uncle, so me and the kids went with my sister and my nephew to the Rusty Relics Tractor Show. My mom and dad took the kids to this before. They have a tractor pull with a pedal John Deere tractor toy. It is adorable. Last year neither of the kiddos (Kinnison or my nephew) could actually pedal. They got a ribbon for effort. This year my nephew brought home the first place tractor trophy and Kinnison brought home the 2nd place ribbon! What an improvement! I was proud of Kinnison because she was one of very few girls and she was one of the youngest kiddos in the competition!


Saturday night Luke thought he should go hunting again. So, I took the kiddos up to visit with my parents. I heard the four wheeler and the door open. It was Luke. It was still daylight out, which could only mean one thing. He got a deer!









(If you have a weak stomach do NOT continue)






























This morning Luke had to drop his deer off at the processor. When he got home we loaded up the kiddos and headed to Tontitown. We grew our own pumpkins this year but our baby pumpkins and gourds didn't do well. So, we went to Ranalli Farms in Tontitown to buy some. After fall I will dry the seeds and save them for our garden next year. Ranalli Farms is an adorable family owned store. They sell seasonal items along with homegrown produce, baked goods and jams. Here are some photos from their pumpkin patch.








4 comments:

Fran said...

I love the pictures of the kids in the pumpkins!! So cute! Kimber has such a great smile and Kinnison is so photogenic.
Way to go Kinnison in the tractor race!!!

Laura said...

The picture are awesome! I love fall pictures. And way to go to both Kinnison and Luke!

Colleen said...

Wow! 1st and 2nd place-what an accomplishment! Love the pics.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures (well, except the deer!) Way to go Kinnison!