Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Home Away From Home II

Luke had a test Thursday night, which meant the girls and I had to kill some time before we left town. We decided to do a little shopping at Sam's. Luke finished up around 6:30 and we hit the road. Thank goodness. I was about to spend a lot of money we didn't have on Christmas decorations. Luke's friend Jason insisted on getting us a hotel with his points. We stayed in Kansas City. We love Jason! He is one of the kindest people we know! The girls had so much fun! Kinnison of course had to jump on the bed. No hotel stay is complete until you jump on the bed. We didn't get in until late on Thursday night. So, we got up early on Friday and took the girls for a swim. It was Kimber's first time in a real pool!

I have some photos of me and the girls...but

crystal in bathing suit + bags under eyes + greasy hair = not pretty


We finally arrived at Grandpa Dink's house around noon. This was Kimber's first time to meet Grandpa Dink. She liked him because he fed her fruit puffs. Kinnison was too young to remember our previous visits. But, she quickly decided she loved visiting Grandpa Dink. He colored with her, did whatever she wanted and took her for a ride in his tractor. We were pretty lazy Friday and Saturday. We visited with some family and drove around looking for deer. Sunday morning we got up early, packed our things and hit the road. We didn't get home until after 2! It was a long drive. I was ready to come home but wasn't ready to catch up on homework and laundry! We had a great time! I am ready to plan our next visit.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Glad you had such a good time!

Colleen said...

It sounded like a great trip. I'm glad the girls enjoyed their visit!