I hope you all had a blessed Valentine's Day. I did. Luke spoiled me, as always. I saw so many negative comments on Facebook yesterday. It made me sad. It's crazy how judgmental some people can be. Like celebrating your love on Valentine's Day meant you didn't celebrate it every other day of the year. Or heaven forbid you got a bouquet of flowers. As most of you know, Valentine's Day was the due date of the first baby we lost. Normally I get through the day OK and it hits me that night. This doesn't just happen on their due dates. I cry for my babies often. Something was different this year. I woke up in terrible mood on Saturday. I was emotional. I was cranky to Luke and thankfully he understood why. He kept trying to make me feel better even though I kept biting his head off. He brought me coffee while I was getting ready, hugged me, fixed us breakfast and even cut the biscuits into heart shapes. On the way to Kinnison's ballgame he said we had to stop somewhere. We stopped at the Back Porch and he bought me some beautiful flowers. It instantly made me feel better. Luke didn't get me $100 roses. He got me a beautiful bouquet with my favorite flowers in a fantastic anniversary edition Mason jar. It fits perfectly on the kitchen table we made together. They were perfect. They cheered me up and it helped a good friend and her small business. I love cut flowers. I cut flowers out of my garden and always enjoy making bouquets. This has been a cold, dreary winter and I am so looking forward to spring. Those flowers he bought me were a little piece of spring. Every time I see them I stop and smell them and can't help but smile. Luke also got me a spruce tree this year(one of my favorite trees). Something I can enjoy long after the flowers have wilted. He got me Pyrex dishes (he scored for free, which makes me love them more) my favorite candies, some nail polish, and a night in a hotel of my choice. I got him a Thermos,Thermos Mug and signed him up for a conceal carry class in March. Here's the deal. I love my husband and he loves me. All day everyday. We show it to each other every day. We have crazy schedules, Luke works multiple jobs, we have 3 kids and a small zoo. It's easy to put our relationship on the back burner. So, if a commercial holiday encourages us to tell our loved ones how we feel and how much we love and appreciate them, what's the problem? We haven't always been big gift givers. In fact, we didn't buy each other Christmas gifts this year. There were many years we skipped a lot of the holidays(easy when you have kids) But, we do celebrate Valentine's Day and we will do so every year.
Luke,
Thank you for loving me even when I'm not that lovable. You love me unconditionally and I love you the same. Thank you for 12 wonderful years together. It just keeps getting better and better. You're my best friend and I'm so blessed to get to go on all these adventures with you. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank God for you. I love you!
Happy Eighth Heavenly Birthday, angel! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment