It's hard to believe that it has been a year since we lost my Grandpa. It seems like yesterday and 100 years at the same time. It's hard to explain. We miss him so much. He was a weekly, sometimes daily part of our lives. There's a huge hole. I love going to the farm. It's so beautiful and I can feel him there, but sometimes it just feels empty without him. I'm so thankful that I got to tell him how I felt, I wrote to him. I helped take care of him every day that he was on hospice. I got to cut his hair, help him to the bathroom, buy him his favorite things, cook for him and hold his hand on his last days. I'm thankful for those days, no matter how difficult they were. Those are the moments that matter. Being there in the day to day for the people we love. Taking care of the people who took care of us, that gave us life. Oh how I would love one more day with that man. I promised him I would take care of Grandma and the farm and I have made good on that promise. I will continue to take care of them because of how much it meant to him and how much it means to me.
I've been falling behind on this blog for a while now. I've been blogging for almost seven years! This is my 356th post, and it is going to my last. I've loved sharing my life with y'all and I love that I have all of these memories documented, but I'm going to focus on my family and making more memories with my amazing husband and our wonderful children.
Thanks for being a part of my life!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment