Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

So Long, 2014.

Well, I've been slacking again. We've been so busy. Every week I think the next week will be better, but somehow the chaos continues. I guess that is life with three young kids.

On Thanksgiving we went to Mt. Magazine. My Grandparents loved it there and Grandma wanted to be there for Thanksgiving. We missed Grandpa so much, but the kids had fun. They released balloons with messages they wrote to him. 










We adopted a sweet little dog, Dandy, at the beginning of December. We named him Dandy because Grandpa used to always tell the kids, "You're a dandy"! He also named his favorite truck "Dandy".



On December 7th Luke and I celebrated our 12th Anniversary. He and I started as best friends and we've only grown closer. I couldn't have survived this year without him. Mom watched the kids so we could have a couple days at the Buffalo. We hiked almost 10 miles on the first day. We hiked Hemmed-in-Hollow, Granny Henderson's Cabin,  and Sneed Creek. We played cards, ate cake, watched movies and soaked in the hot tub. It was some much needed down time.







We had a a wonderful Christmas filled with sadness for the ones we miss, thankfulness for the ones we have and lots of good food and laughter. The kids got way too much, as always. We made Gingerbread Houses, sugar cookies, saw Christmas Lights, went to the movies, Boingo Bounce, and Highrise Trampoline Park. Luke and the girls went to Northern MO to visit family. I'm sure I left some stuff out. We've definitely made the most of our Christmas Break!


























We spent New Year's at a hotel in OKC. We went there to buy Luke a truck. The kids got to swim and we rang in the New Year with Taco Bell!

I can't say I'm sad that 2014 is over. The whole year feels like one bad dream after another. But, even with all the bad things we've been through we have been so incredibly blessed. I have an amazing family. I have some amazing friends. We made some amazing memories. I have HOPE and even on the darkest days I have JOY. I can't imagine making it through the past year without God and my family. My one and only New Year's Resolution: MORE JESUS! 

I hope you all had a wonderful and safe Holiday Season and I hope you have a blessed 2015.

I'm sorry for this ridiculously long post. 

Much love,
Photobucket

No comments: