Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Century Farm

A couple months ago some friends of the family, Randy and Cheryl West, told us about a new program in Arkansas. The program is called the Century Farm Program.  Basically, you submit documentation and if you qualify, you get an award. Dad printed off the forms and got the ball rolling. This is the first letter we received:


Mom and Dad were out of town the week of November 25-30th, so we didn't get the letter until Friday night. Grandma and Grandpa were so excited!

Charity and I kept the kids out of school and rode together. Grandma and Grandpa rode with Mom. We went to eat Denny's to grab a bite to eat. Grandpa took a nasty fall as we were leaving. I yelled a bad word. It was so scary. I don't think I will ever get that image out of my head. Luckily he just had a couple bruises. After Denny's we headed to Ozark. Randy and Cheryl were there accepting an award for their farm as well. I got to take pictures for them and Cheryl took them for us. It worked out well! Later that night Luke called Grandma to see how Grandpa was feeling and to congratulate them. Grandma said it was one of  the best days of her life!  I am so grateful that the kids and I got to be a part of it. Luke and Dad couldn't get out of work and were very disappointed they weren't able to go. 





That farm means everything to my Grandma and Grandpa. They have put so much time, money, and love into maintaining it. It holds so much history and so many wonderful memories. This award was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I am so thankful they were both able to go! And, I was blessed to be a part of it. 



Photobucket

No comments: