Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Anniversary Trip and a Fingertip!

Monday morning Luke and I drove to the Buffalo to celebrate our 10th Anniversary. We rented a beautiful cabin. We had time to kill before check in so we decided to hike the Lost Valley Trail. We hiked this with the kids, but didn't get a chance to go into the cave, so we decided to go back.  It was really cool. 




After our hike we made our way to the cabin. It was beautiful. We soaked in the hot tub for a while and decided to start cooking supper. We didn't get good cell service, so I gave Mom the number to the cabin. My heart sank when the phone rang. Luke answered it and I could immediately tell something was wrong. All we got was the Kanyon shut his finger in a drawer or a door on my Meme's sewing cabinet and that the end of his finger and half of the nail were hanging by a thread. My Mom was on the way to the ER. She drove to town with him on her lap and a towel on his hand to help stop the bleeding. She went to the fire station and they checked him out and wrapped his hand so she could buckle him up to go to the hospital. Luke and I left the cabin at 4:35. It took as an hour and a half to get to the hospital. It was a long ride.






The doctor told us that often the finger tip can't be saved, but his had good color and good blood flow, so he was optimistic. He sent us for x-rays and said he didn't think the bone was injured. He gave Kanyon some pain medicine, a digital block in his finger and then seven stitches. Two of them were through his fingernail. Mom insisted that Luke and I go back to the cabin and she would take care of Kanyon. I knew he was in good hands, so Luke and I drove back to to Jasper. We didn't get there until almost 11 p.m. Tuesday we decided to hike the Hawskbill Craig Trial. It was a great hike and we had it all to ourselves. 


 This is Luke walking on his hands. I was screaming at him and threatening to divorce him..









After our hike we watched the Elk and then went to the cabin to fix supper. After supper we ate our anniversary cake and took another dip in the hot tub. We thought about Kanyon all day and talked about him most of the day, but we did manage to relax a little.


Here are our gifts! 

I got: Nail Polish, Clinique Happy, Titanium Wedding Band, Bath and Body Lotion, Love Crazy Bracelet and the new Pioneer Woman Cookbook!


Luke got: Camo Shirt, Pants & Hat, Reese's Candy, Keen Hiking Shoes, New Coat, Camo Tervis, Buffalo Houndstooth T and a Camo Light.

Even with our little detour we had a great trip. I am so thankful for my wonderful Mom who watched all of our kids and took really good care of Kanyon when he was hurt. I am also thankful for my sister who helped her get all the kids home and into bed after the hospital.

I took Kanyon to the orthopedic specialist today. He said that Kanyon's finger looked great and it is very unlikely that he will have any problems with it.  They gave him a large cast to help protect it. I have to take him back next week to remove the stitches and  in a couple weeks they want to do follow up x-rays. 

"Eeeeewwww"






Photobucket

No comments: