Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Grace.

Last Monday Luke and I were baptized!

It is something I have been praying about for a while now. I kept thinking I had to have some sort of epiphany to make it happen, but that wasn't the case.  It was a long, slow process for us. I noticed changes in Luke when he got home from Men's Encounter. Our relationship with God and each other changed.  I talked to him about getting baptized and he agreed that he wanted to rededicate his life to Jesus Christ.  Once we set the date I couldn't wait!  We wanted it to be a private event. Neither of us were comfortable doing it in front of the entire church. We really wanted to do it outside, but there isn't much water in our area and what water we have is very nasty. I think Vance was really excited we agreed to do it at the church! So, Monday after we picked Kinnison up from school we went to the church and we were both baptized in front of our children.  It was an amazing experience. 







I want to say THANK YOU to Vance, Keith and Brian. Vance has been a huge part of our journey. Keith helped out with the video and music. Brian took some amazing video and pictures. We are so thankful for each of them! If you haven't seen Brian's work you are missing out.  He is an amazing photographer. Check out his website.

I also want to say THANK YOU to all of our family and friends that have offered congratulations and words of encouragement.  We are so blessed!

Luke- I am so thankful that God gave me you. You are my best friend. You are the most AMAZING father in the world. I love listening to you do devotionals with the kids and I love that you always make them your first priority. We are so lucky to have you in our lives. We love you and are very proud of you!

Photobucket

No comments: