Things have been so hectic this week. Fran and I had a wonderful SPAcation. The day we returned my parents and sister took my Meme to the emergency room. She was admitted that night. The doctors believed her low sodium level was the problem. But, she quickly took a turn for the worse. She was experiencing excruciating pain in her abdomen and on one side. We were afraid it might be her appendix. She suffered all day and they finally did a CT scan. They thought that she had a perforated appendix. They scheduled her for surgery the next day. Once they got in there they found that her appendix was fine, but she had a perforated ulcer on her intestine. They fixed it and removed her appendix. She finally got to come home on Sunday after a week in the hospital. She was very ready! We spent Sunday painting her bedroom at Mom and Dad's house. This week we have been moving her stuff in and sorting through it all. She didn't eat or get out of bed for almost two weeks. She is very weak and has lost weight. She still has a long recovery ahead. Please pray that she starts gaining some strength and feeling better soon.
In other news, Kinnison lost her first tooth on Sunday! The tooth fairy brought her $10! Guess what she did with it? That sweet, wonderful girl put it in our vacation savings jar. She makes me proud! I have to register her for kindergarten tomorrow. This is something I have been dreading all year. I wish I could just keep her home with me. It does not seem possible that she is old enough to go to school. I know that she will love it though and she will do great. One of my favorite qualities about Kinnison is how much she enjoys helping others.
Kimber had her speech screening this week. She passed all of the motor skill tests, hearing tests and language tests. Her speech score was low, but not low enough to qualify for speech. She has made huge progress in the past year (since getting tubes). The speech pathologist was not concerned. If she keeps improving like she has over the past year she will be on level in no time! One of my favorite qualities about Kimber is how appreciative she is. She says thank you to me for everything I do for her and everything I buy her. Such a sweet girl!
We went to the farm and took some photos yesterday. I love how they turned out!

1 comment:
Beautiful pics! And I hope your Meme starts feeling better soon !!
Post a Comment