Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Getting Excited!

I cannot wait for the girls to open their presents. Each year I carefully plan and select gifts for each of them. I bargain shop all year long. I was done Christmas shopping in October. I had most of them wrapped before December even came. I am so thankful that I am an early shopper and plan ahead. We are on a tight budget now that I am staying home and we wouldn't be able to give them as much if I had to buy them now. I have picked up a few extra things in the last few weeks just because I thought they would like them and I just wrapped the last two gifts tonight!

Kinnison can't believe that Luke and I don't get presents. She is too young to understand. Actually, I don't think you understand until you have children of your own. I loved getting gifts...even after Luke and I were married. But, things are different now. I don't care if I receive one single present! There is no greater gift in the world then your children. And, one of my greatest joys is watching them open presents on Christmas. I love their excitement, watching their faces and seeing them enjoy their new things. I love that they get to open gifts, but I also want them to understand the true meaning of Christmas and how blessed we are. I am so blessed that my children get to experience Christmas, because many children do not. This Christmas we will be saying a prayer for those families that are less fortunate than we are. We will be praying for families that have loved ones that are ill. We will be praying for the men and women who serve our country and their families.

We are so incredibly blessed.
Photobucket

No comments: