Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Southern Baked Beans

I have been making a modified version of Paula Deen's Southern Baked Beans and Luke loves them. Her version calls for one can which equals 4 servings. I usually take this dish to family get togethers and needed more than 4 servings. This recipe fills a 13x9 dish. Here is the recipe:

1 lb Bacon
2 onions diced
9 tbs yellow mustard
15 tbs maple syrup
12 tbs ketchup
3 (15 oz) cans of pork n beans
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Fry the bacon in a large skillet

Dice the onions

Remove the bacon from the pan and crumble it. I use a food processor. Leave the grease in the pan.


Place the onions in the grease.
Cook the onions until they are brown.

Mix the remaining ingredients.



Add the beans.

Mix in the onions, grease, and bacon. Pour into a 13x9 pan and bake for 45-60 minutes.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Bettina said...

I watched her make this on tv and I tried it... it was wonderful.. she calls for the fried onions, so I made my own.. but I love the mustard taste.

Fran said...

YUM! I haven't tried it with maple syrup, I usually do brown sugar, but I will have to try to syrup!