I have asked for a lot of prayers for my Grandpa this year. So I want to introduce you to him. Many of you have met him. Those who meet him, love him. He is awesome! He always has been and always will be the foundation to our family.
Today we got discouraging news from his doctor. He was told he has prostate cancer. His heart condition will not allow them to treat the cancer. But, I am certain it is not his time to go. Honestly, he is one of the toughest men I know. I sincerely think he is one of the greatest men to ever live. He is hard working, honest, smart, resourceful, funny and part superhero. He knows EVERYTHING. He can tell you all about the weather, trees, gardening, cows and anything to do with farming. He LOVES children. He has always been so good to his grandkids and even better to his great grandkids. He is fun but firm. He taught us life lessons through actions and words. He has always been concerned about our well being and did everything he could to protect us and keep us safe.
I have the most wonderful memories...most of them took place at the farm. Some of my favorite memories are riding through the national forest in the scout, fishing, hunting armadillos, cooking with Grandma, eating watermelon with Grandpa, putting up hay, cutting wood, hauling rocks, picking the garden, sleepovers at the farm, and lazy days in the farm yard. We often got to travel with Grandma and Grandpa and made some wonderful memories with them. I had a terrific childhood and my Grandma and Grandpa were a HUGE part of it.
Here is a slideshow of some of my favorite pictures of my grandparents. Please continue to pray for my Grandpa and Grandma.
Thank you for the prayers for Meme. She recovered from her surgery and says she is feeling great!
1 comment:
Your grandpa has been on my mind a lot lately and I think it's great you introduced us to him. The few times I have met him, I have enjoyed being around him. I hope he has the least amount of pain possible and that y'all have many more memories to come with him!
Post a Comment