Well, it is official. Kinnison is growing up. Whether I like it or not. Today was her first day of preschool. A new Mothers Day Out program opened here in town. I decided we would give it a try. I had to go to work today but couldn't miss her first day of school. So, I met my mom at the church a couple minutes early to get some photos. I told the teachers a bunch of stuff they could have figured out on their own, snapped a couple dozen photos, kissed her head about half a dozen times, told her I loved her and went to the parking lot and cried. She didn't even care that I was leaving. I am proud. I have raised an independent girl. I am thankful she is independent. It would have been even harder to leave her if she were upset or unhappy. But, in some tiny way it makes me happy when she wants ME and need ME. She did really well. No hitting, fighting or crying...nothing. She did great. My baby is growing up so fast.



3 comments:
Awww! How adorable! I know what you mean... you want them to be independent, but miss you, too! LOL
Megan's first day was the same for me. I really thought she wasn't going to let me go, but instead it was, "Mommy, when are you leaving?"
I'm glad she did so well!
Sorry to do this to you Crystal...but you've been tagged! Check out my blog!
Post a Comment