We said goodbye to our sweet, beautiful Willow on Friday. It was a very long difficult week. I noticed he wasn't acting right on Tuesday. I took him to the vet on Wednesday. We did bloodwork which didn't show anything crazy going on. He had a little fever and was dehydrated. We went home with antibiotics and fluids to give subcutaneously. I had to force feed him wet food and evaporated milk. His fever hit 105 Wednesday night, but went back to normal on Thursday. I got him to eat on his own a couple times, but Friday morning he was lifeless. I knew he was dying. I made an appointment to have him euthanized, but he passed away on his own here at the house. I'm thankful I didn't have to go through the euthanasia, but he had a very traumatic death here at home. Traumatic for me. I pray that he was out of it enough he didn't know what was going on. I believe he was gone long before his body quit gasping for air.
Luke and I got Willow not long after Lolly. They were best buddies. We had him 13 years. He's been with us from the beginning. I named him Willow because my favorite tree is the Weeping Willow. He moved with us three times. He welcomed every new pet we got with kindness. He was a great hunter and he was great with the kids. I'll never forget Kanyon dragging him around in a headlock. He was the best.
I'm heartbroken and miss him so much.

No comments:
Post a Comment