Ever since I became addicted to Pinterest I have wanted to build a kitchen for the kids out of some old piece of furniture. A few months ago I went to an auction with my Mom, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Donna and Uncle Jim. I wasn't paying attention and realized they were auctioning off an entertainment center. I threw my hand up, no else bid and I had no idea what I paid. I thought it was a couple dollars. I was wrong. It was ONE dollar.
This is what we started with:
This is the finished product:
The picture in the window was taken in the top field at the farm where Luke and I got married!
Luke and I had a lot of fun building this for the kids. We tried to use neutral colors so Kanyon could play with it also. Luke's Grandpa got the girls new play food and some pots and pans. Luke and I bought them some kitchen utensils. Meme and I made them aprons. They even got matching aprons for their dolls. We worked on it when they were in bed or at school. We hid it in the garage. On Christmas Eve we moved it into the living room. They didn't even notice it on Christmas morning! They have already enjoyed making us meals.
Here is a breakdown of the costs:
| Entertainment Center | $ 1.00 | ||
| Backing | $15.00 | ||
| Paint | $12.00 | ||
| Dog Dish | $ 4.00 | ||
| Handles | $ 4.57 | ||
| Hinges | $ 5.14 | ||
| Hooks | $ 2.57 | ||
| Burners/Knobs | $ 2.00 | ||
| Dowel Rod | $ 0.40 | ||
| Trim For Window | $ 3.12 | ||
| Curtains | $ 2.44 | ||
| Faucet | $ 3.00 | ||
| Plexiglass | $ 3.00 | ||
| TOTAL | $58.24 |
We already had scrap wood for the back, so we spent around $40 for the entire project!

3 comments:
Looks awesome!!
Oh my goodness! So cute, Crystal!
That's amazing!!!
Post a Comment