Kanyon is 7 months old today. Is that even possible? He got three more teeth this week. Tuesday night he was extremely fussy. I knew something was going on because he is always happy. We got about 3 hours of sleep. The next morning I thought he felt warm. I took his temp and it was 101. I made him a doctor appointment for 2:00. By the time we got to the doctor his temp was 103. He was very lethargic. He just felt awful. His left ear has a bad infection. This is the same ear that was infected last time. I hope it doesn't keep giving us trouble! He felt much better today. Hopefully he will continue to improve. There are so many scary viruses going around.
Kinnison lost her fourth tooth this week. That doesn't seem possible either. She and her sister were goofing off and someone how Kinnison head butted Kimber. The tooth was really loose before, but it started bleeding after the collision. It made her sick to her stomach. She didn't want to pull it though. Later that day we went to Wal Mart. Kimber gave Kinnison a piece of gum and the first chew pulled it right out! She has two more loose already! She is still doing well in school. I read a new book to her lastnight and she read it back to me and only missed a couple words. She is such a smart girl.
Kimber is advancing also. She can write all the letters in her name without help, but sometimes forgets what letter comes next. She is counting to 10 without missing any numbers now. She knows all of her shapes and colors. She has come such a long way this year. She is a very smart girl. She is a very ornery girl. She thinks it is fun to run around naked and talk dirty. (poo poo head) She is still the comedian in the family.
I read a really good article this week. I could totally relate to it. I really appreciated the honesty!
"There was a famous writer who, when asked if he loved writing, replied, "No. but I love having written." What I wanted to say to this sweet woman was, "Are you sure? Are you sure you don't mean you love having parented?"
I love having written. And I love having parented. My favorite part of each day is when the kids are put to sleep (to bed) and Craig and I sink into the couch to watch some quality TV, like Celebrity Wife Swap, and congratulate each other on a job well done. Or a job done, at least."
Isn't that the truth!? Some days I count down the minutes until bed time! (and naptime) At the end of the day I think, "I survived another day!" Then I dig deep for motivation to prepare for one more day. Do I enjoy everything that staying at home entails? Nope. Will I miss it one day? Yup. Parenting is hard. The stress, worry, guilt, and tough decisions never end, but it is totally worth it.
I am so incredibly blessed!

No comments:
Post a Comment