Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

One year ago...

Kimber was admitted to the hospital for pneumonia.


It was physically and emotionally exhausting. It was one of the scariest things I have ever went through. I am glad I blogged about it then because most of the details are a blur now, but I will never forget how hard it was to see her in pain, to see her SO sick, to see them poke her and run tests on her, and to know we would miss out on some of our favorite Christmas Traditions! We are so thankful that she is healthy this year. We will pray for all the families that have loved ones, especially children, in the hospital, especially on Christmas.

Kanyon hit the six month mark this week, which doesn't seem possible. He had his six month checkup yesterday. He had to get four shots. He was such a big boy. He barely cried. He is trying to sit up, but falls forward. He has started watching The Backyardigans. Kinnison and Kimber both loved that show. I am he will love it too! He is such a happy boy. He loves to jabber and laugh all the time. He is trying to hold his bottle on his own. He loves to get two handfuls of my hair when I kiss him. If we take a nap together he plays with my hair until he falls asleep. If he is sleeping by himself he plays with a blanket until he falls asleep. His favorite is a frog blankie his Auntie Fran bought him. He loves to rub it on his face. He has brought so much happiness to our lives. We love him so much! I can't wait to see him on Christmas Day. Six months is such a fun age!

Kinnison is on Christmas Break! She and her sister are having a hard time following the rules and doing what they are asked, but I am still really excited to have her home with us. I miss her being here. She is a big help and always makes us laugh. We had a lot of fun when we were all home together. I'm ready for summer vacation!





Photobucket

No comments: