Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

For The Record...

Luke and I DO NOT CARE if we have a boy or a girl. We just want a healthy baby. I know that everyone says that, but honestly we don't care. I have had precancerous cells, cryotherapy, ovarian cysts, laparoscopy, two miscarriages and two D&C's. During Kimber's pregnancy I became anemic and developed a heart murmur. During this pregnancy I had a subchorionic hematoma. This is my fifth pregnancy. My babies are by every definition miracles. God chose to grant us another little miracle and I am not going to be choosy! I am sure boys are delightful...especially when they are your own. But, I have two precious princesses and would be perfectly happy to add one more to our little family! I understand there is a myth out there that your life is not complete unless you have a boy. It is a myth! My daughters are beautiful, caring, sweet, outgoing, competitive little tomboys and I wouldn't trade them for the world! Luke had his heart set on having a boy and a girl. (before we had Kinnison) I will never forget the first night we had her home. She was curled up in a tiny little ball laying on his chest and he said, "I don't care if we ever have a boy. We can have a dozen little girls." And, he meant it.

Sorry for the rant! I am only 10 weeks and I have been asked these nonsense questions a million times. For the record, Luke and will not procreate until we produce a boy. We chose to have another child because we want a large family, not because we want a boy. This will be our last biological child. (unless God has other plans) We still want to adopt. And, if we adopt we will not choose a gender. We will leave that up to God as well.

This doesn't apply to most of you. But, it feels good to say it! Thanks!

Love You!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Fran said...

People are such idiots. Why do they say such ridiculousness as "It's gonna be a boy!!" or, "Geez, are you just gonna keep going until you get a boy?!" What the blankety blank blank BLANK is wrong with people?!!!!
End rant. lol.

Crystal said...

I know! Someone asked me in front of my girls if I was hoping it was a boy. SHEESH Insensitive. I also had someone ask, "If this is a girl will you try for a boy?" Seriously? I am 11 weeks along! I know most people don't mean harm...but please think before you speak!

Fran said...

People are ridic and you can take that to the bank! Bwahaha or whatever that means....LOL