This will be my last week as a Leverett Lion. Crazy, huh? I started off the year as a Kindergarten Instructional Assistant/Interventionist. Then, my principal asked me if I would consider teaching 5th grade math and literacy half the day. Apparently the person they hired for that position wouldn't be allowed to teach a certified job because she participated in the early retirement buyout that Fayetteville offered last year. Of course I said, "Yes"! I was hoping this would be a stepping stone to a certified job, and it may have been. I was also excited about the pay increase. I would have been called a "Certified Interventionist". Unfortunately, because I am not certified for 5th grade the job wouldn't count for my NTL, which meant that I wasn't certified at all. And, because I switched positions with someone, my Kindergarten position was no longer available. My principal tried to make my schedule compensate for the extra work, but in the end it was not worth my time or the money. I was working 7.5 hours and only being paid for 6.5 hours. I was driving 45 minutes each way. And, I was taking stuff home with me every night to plan for the next day. I have enjoyed my short time at Leverett. All of the faculty and staff were really nice and supportive. I met some great students and learned SO much in a short time!
The plan for now is to stay at home with the girls. I have really missed spending time with them and have realized that this is a time I will never get back. I have been working full time and going to school full time since before they were born. We sacrificed a lot to finish school. Now we are going to sacrifice a lot so I can stay home. I might try to sub or get a part time job, but my number one priority is spending time with my girls!
Kinnison and Kimber are doing great. They are growing up so fast. Kinnison is going to be 5 next month! That seems impossible. One day I can't get her to do anything I ask and the next day she is my helper doing things without being asked. She asks tons of questions. She loves to learn! She also loves to dress up right now. She is taking gymnastics again and has really improved her cartwheel. Kinnison constantly surprises us with how much she retains. She remembers everything!
Kimber is also going to gymnastics and is learning a lot. She still loves to play with baby dolls. She is really into movies right now. She likes Blues Clues, Backyardigans, and Finding Nemo. Kimber constantly surprises us with how funny she is. She makes us laugh all the time. She is talking non-stop. She is saying some really funny things. A few examples:
"Me like puddy" I like pudding
"Oh, me die" Oh, I died (off of a movie)
"Nee Nigh" Night Night
I am so blessed!
2 comments:
Leaving the job will be the best thing for you and the girls right now. Like you said, this is the time you can never get back. A few years from now, you can do it again. Big hugs! Glad the girls are doing well!
Oh me die cracks me up!!!
Sorry the past couple weeks have been rough..time for a new chapter :)
Post a Comment