Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

More Prayers.

I would like to ask for some prayers. My grandpa is going to have exploratory surgery next Tuesday. Please pray that he breezes through the surgery and recovery and that the diagnosis is good. Also, please say a prayer for my grandma. She went to the doctor today for a sinus infection. They did an x-ray and found something above her eye on the x-ray. They aren't sure what it is. Luke's grandpa is still having some heart issues and just returned his heart monitor today. Please pray that they figure out what is going on.

Last but not least, please say a prayer for Lolly. Thursday night I noticed that she was running into things and her eyes were cloudy. I took her to the vet. He said she had cataracts because of old age. I felt like something else was going on. She hasn't been herself for a while. Luke took her to our regular vet today for a checkup and bloodwork. She was diagnosed with diabetes. The diabetes caused the cataracts. She may have a little vision, but is pretty much blind. We built her a pen tonight. She is going to stay out there most of the time. Blind dogs need familiar settings and our garage is too big and full of too much stuff. We will start insulin this week. I hope that I can provide her with the care that she deserves. She has been the best dog and the best friend anyone could ever ask for. She has protected my family, made me laugh, and always been by my side. She is going to be 9 in September. I am so thankful that I have had her in my life. She has been a loyal companion. I hope she sticks around for a few more years...but only if she has a semi-normal life. I don't want her to suffer. Luke and I have had her since before we started dating. She is part of the family. We love you Lolly!

Thank you for the prayers.







Photobucket

1 comment:

Fran said...

Praying for your family! poor lolly, I hope she can get well soon.