Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Continued- Heaven On Earth

Luke 2:11
"Today in the town of David
a Savior has been born to you:
he is Christ the Lord."

What a wonderful Christmas! Part three, four and five of Christmas all happened in the last two days. We have been so busy! Lastnight we went to my mom and dad's to open gifts. We have done this for as long as I can remember. We laugh, we eat, we bake and we open gifts. It is a tradition to decorate sugar cookies and make divinity. However, due to the hazardous road conditions we cut the evening short. We made divinity this morning. I didn't mind at all. To say that I LOVE snow would be an understatement. I am so happy that we had a white Christmas! This morning we opened presents at our house with the girls. And, every year I make us waffles for breakfast. After we eat breakfast we regroup and head back to my mom and dad's house to celebrate Christmas with the Crazy Crawleys. We always have a good time. We eat and then we play Dirty Santa. I think every gift I opened was stolen from me! Luke took the girls sledding. They only went down two hills. It was bitter cold today. I think the windchill was 4 degrees when they went out. BURR The snow was too dry today to make a snowman. We are hoping we can make one tomorrow. To wrap up the day we drove down to the farm. I took the picture above on the way down there. It is a picture of our upper pasture and the barn we just rebuilt. (It is kind of hard to see because I can't zoom very far) It was a beautiful sight!

I am thankful for my beautiful girls, my wonderful husband, my family and my friends. I am thankful for my mom who works very hard to plan our family dinners. She is amazing. I am also thankful for the snow. I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas! God is good!


No comments: