Thanksgiving
For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
We are celebrating Thanksgiving at our house this year. Saturday night Kimber started running a fever. By Sunday night it was 103. Monday she was diagnosed with croup and fluid behind her ears. She was given antibiotics, an inhaler and steroids. She was feeling a little better Tuesday. But, Tuesday night was rough and on Wednesday she woke up from her nap with a fever of 101. So, we went back to Dr. Lee. He diagnosed her with swine flu. So, we were told not to leave the house until she was fever free for at least 24 hours. This is the first Thanksgiving in 27 years I haven't been with my family. I am sad, but I don't want any of them to get sick.
I am thankful for so many things... I am so thankful for my beautiful daughters and my wonderful husband. I can't imagine my life without them. I am thankful for my family and my friends. I am thankful that most of my family lives close by. It makes missing a day like today a little easier. I am thankful for modern medicine. I can't imagine fighting diseases like these without the medicine we have today. I am thankful for good doctors, especially the doctors and staff at First Care Family West here in Prairie Grove. I am also thankful for everyone who serves in the armed forces. They are sacrificing their lives and time away from their families to defend our freedom and keep us safe. I pray for their safe return. More than anything, I am thankful for our Lord.
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.
4 comments:
Aww, I hope she gets to feeling better soon! I know what you mean on missing Thanksgiving with your family! This was my second one to miss! Last year we had friends come and visit and we celebrated at Sea World. So this year we decided to cook a small Thanksgiving meal! It was really neat creating our own family traditions together! Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope she starts feeling better soon. Even though she was sick, I hope you were able to enjoy your Thanksgiving and can maybe have a family dinner when she is feeling better!
I hope she is better! Love the poem too :) We do have so much to be thankful for!! God is good to us!
Yes we do, and yes He is!
Post a Comment