Whew. I am exhausted! In the past we have always done the 5k. This year the Komen Foundation requested that people with strollers do the Family Walk instead. So we did. I am glad. Loading, unloading, feeding, wiping, changing, pushing the double stroller and picking up the pacifier about 38 times, wore me out! I was rewarded for all my hard work. After waiting in line to get some fabulous freebies, we sat down to enjoy some Skinny Cow Ice Cream. While we were enjoying our ice cream, Kinnison hugged me and said, "Mom, I had fun today." I am so proud of my girls. I am proud of my team as well. Mommies on a Mission raised $2,848.56! YAY! We were #13 out of over 300 teams! Kinnison was #2 in the youth division! I am so blessed. I am so thankful that I don't personally know someone who has battled breast cancer. Tonight we will be saying a prayer for those who have faught breast cancer, survived breast cancer or lost a loved one to breast cancer. If you want to be humbled, go to the Race for the Cure and stand at the finish line, or read the shirts and bibs that honor a loved one who has faught and lost, or faught and won the battle. I got chills everytime a volunteer at the finish line yelled, "Survivor," and handed a woman a pink flower. Race for the Cure is an amazing experience and I encourage everyone to participate!
It was VERY windy!
1 comment:
Congrats, how awesome of you!! I love the pic of the girls sleeping.
Post a Comment