The temperature was 71 degrees today! Too bad I couldn't enjoy it. I am in desperate need for a break from school. The warm weather gets me excited. I can't wait for flowers, flip flops, and most of all I can't wait for garden veggies. YUM! Garden season is a busy time for us. Working in the garden is very time consuming. We also can, freeze and pickle veggies. We have lived off of our garden all winter. Luke goes overboard. He has over 400 plants in the window. But, his garden last year fed us and most of my family. When the time comes I will post my favorite recipes. We make dill pickles. We make salsa, rotel and juice tomatoes. We make strawberry jam. We even made three different kinds of pickled okra. The most time consuming and the most rewarding will be Grandma Veda's frozen corn. It is the most amazing corn I have ever eaten. Had I known how much time, effort and love she put into each quart, I probably wouldn't have eaten as much as I did when we went to visit. It is hard work. But, it will be something I do every year.
Luke has been building me a flower bed. I should have taken before photos. But, I didn't. When I get it finished I will post some photos. I can't wait. We needed some landscaping to make our barn a home. :)
1 comment:
Awesome! I hope we have room for a big garden some day. What a great feeling to know you are eating what you grew yourself.
Post a Comment