Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We're Back!

After 15 days, we finally have power. WHEW! It was a long, hard two weeks. Ozark Electric said it was the biggest power outage in their history. They were 97% restored on Sunday. So, we were in the last 3%! The ice storm was horrible The damage is extensive. I won't go on my rant about how long it took to be declared a disaster area. It looks like a tornado hit. Speaking of tornado, we are under a tornado watch tonight.

I tried to keep an upbeat attitude. I am appreciative of those who are working diligently to restore power. However, I did complain. I had more than one breakdown. It was horrible. Luke and I both work full time. We have two small kids. I am taking 12 hours of ONLINE classes. Typically I do 2-3 loads of laundry a day. There were days we didn't bathe. The kids didn't get a bath every night. There were days we didn't wash dishes and clothes. I hope I never have to start or fill up another generator in my life. I am sick of flipping breakers. I refuse to do homework while using a lantern! Boiling water, lighting candles, folding blankets, washing my hair in the sink.....it is exhausting! I am thankful that we have electricity now. However, I am sad for those who still don't have power. I hope we never go through this again. I'm not sure I will ever catch up.

I will continue to pray for the people who don't have power and the men and women who are working hard to restore it. I am thankful for the kind people who offered to let me shower at their house or use their washer and dryer. We appreciate you!

Here are some more photos







We have tons of cleanup to do. It will takes months. I hope we can move forward and put the Ice Storm of 2009 behind us. It has been a horrible two weeks. Koko, you will be missed. We love you.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm so glad it's back... but so sorry for all you went through! Hugs!