Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

12 Days.

It's been 12 days since my Grandpa passed away. It seems like eternity. There hasn't been a day go by that Kanyon hasn't asked to see him. He says, "Papa not here. He's in Heaven with Jesus. He's in a box in the dirt with a hat." There is no way for him to understand. They were best buds and he misses him so much. We all do. Grandma has been so strong. She's had a hard time sleeping at her house, so she has stayed at the farm a lot and Charity has stayed the night at her house a couple times. Grandpa and Grandma were married for almost 63 years. She wasn't alone very many nights. From the time Grandpa was hospitalized, to the time he passed away there was only 3 days I didn't see him...and I video chatted with him twice. We were there a lot. My Mom was there with her all day and Charity was with her at night. We all stayed the night the Friday before he died, so I can imagine how lonely her house is now. It has some difficult memories in it, so she plans on spending most of her time at the farm where they had so many happy memories.

I want to say THANK YOU to Luke.  He has always been there for my family. He did anything and everything my Grandpa asked of him. He loved him so much. When Grandpa was in the hospital Luke took all five kids so Charity and I could spend time with him. One day my Grandma had an appointment and Grandpa wanted my Mom to stay with him, so Luke took Grandma to the doctor. That same day he packed the girls their lunch, fixed supper, picked up lawn mowers and coached a softball game.He just made a beautiful flower bed at the farm for my Grandpa. It was one of the many things on Grandpa's list. He watched the kids many nights so that I could spend time with my Grandparents. He has been an amzing, supportive, loving husband. I couldn't have survived this without him!



Photobucket

No comments: