Grandpa wanted to make it to his birthday so badly. He did. I'm thankful for that! He made it to 86! His health has declined a lot this past week. Today he had a bad day. He couldn't breathe. He told my Grandma he didn't think he was gonna make it. He cried. I've never seen my Grandpa cry. Ever. So, just thinking about it makes my heart break into a million pieces. Luckily the rescue medicine helped.
I'm so thankful for my Mom and Grandma. Their strength amazes me. My dad has some kidney stones and a bad infection. Last week he was supposed to have surgery, but the infection was too bad, so they put a stent in instead. He has an appointment tomorrow and surgery on Friday. I don't know how my Mom is doing it all. The year 2002 was a rough year for my family. We look back and laugh now, but I think this year might actually top it and it's only April!
We had a Birthday/Easter celebration at the farm on Saturday. The whole family was there and lots of friends and neighbors came to show my Grandma and Grandpa love. We are so appreciative. He was exhausted, but it was a good day. He got to visit with everyone. The weather was beautiful. He got to see the redbuds and dogwoods bloom. It was a small victory. I do believe it will be his last trip to the farm and that is heartbreaking. That place is his home. It means everything to him.
He's been having dreams about his brother, Joe and his son, Steve. I sure hope those dreams are a glimpse of Heaven. What a wonderful place it must be. That is the ONLY thing that gives me comfort right now. How wonderful it will be for my babies in Heaven to meet their Papa.
Please, please, please pray for my Grandpa. I don't want him to be scared or feel any more pain. Pray for peace and comfort for him and my Grandma. Please pray for my Mom who has been with them every step of the way. She's keeping us all above water.
We hired a photographer to take pictures at the party. I'll post them as soon as I get them.
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment