Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Letter.


I received this letter in the mail yesterday.


I know that a 4.0 GPA comes easily to some people, but it doesn't come easy to me. Especially when I spend hours away from my girls going to class and doing homework. On top of school and kids I also work full time. I took 12 hours last semester. Two of the classes were in Rogers. I am taking 12 hours of online classes this semester. A common misconception is that online classes are easier. I disagree. You have to be very good with time management and very self disciplined. And, normally online classes require more assignments be completed. You also have to teach yourself the material, which can be very time consuming. My online classes have required a lot of time and extra work, but I get to do the work while my kids are playing or asleep instead of going to class and missing out on time with them. This is my last semester. Praise the Lord!

5 comments:

Fran said...

WOW! way to go! that's amazing!!!!! Almost to the finish line, girl!

Colleen said...

What a great accomplishment! Congratulations to you! When I was going to school, I wasn't married or had Megan at that point but was working 40+ hours a week and taking 12-15 credits a semester. It's hard work and I am so proud of you for that 4.0!! Woohoo!!

Bettina said...

way to go!!

Lucas said...

I can back her up...she works her butt off. I actually go to class...well most...well part of the time and she spends many more hours a week then me doing school work. Crystal I am proud of you I know it isn't easy but we are almost done.

Crystal said...

Thanks! Luke, I wouldn't have even went back if it weren't for you. You are constantly reassuring me and encouraging me. I am so glad we are going to both be finished this year. What will we do with all of our time?