Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Kimber's Eye Is Pink, My Nephew's Are Too


That's Right! Kimber has pink eye. Kinnison and Kimber have both been sick for a couple weeks now. My nephew finally caught it on Saturday. But, his eyes were red, swollen and draining green stuff. Sunday morning we woke up and Kimber's left eye was red, swollen and crusted with green stuff. My sister took my nephew to the doctor and was told he had pink eye. So, we decided to take Kimber. The doctor wasn't comfortable just giving us drops, so she sent us to the ER. The nurses at Mercy Medical Center in Bentonville were wonderful! They gave both girls a teddy bear and gave them popcicles. The doctor was certain it was pink eye but did a culture just to be safe. He gave us eye ointment and she is already looking better.
This is just one of many visits to the doctor in the last three weeks. Kinnison has been twice, Kimber has been to the doctor twice and hospital once. I also went to the doctor. And, I had to take my dog to the Animal Emergency Clinic because Luke accidentally ran him over. He has two pelvis fractures.
Kinnison has one medicine in the morning and three at night.
Kimber has eye ointment six times a day and just finished ten days of antibiotics.
Mag has one medicine three times a day, one medicine once a day and pain pills every six hours.
I have nasal spray in the morning and two medicines to take at night.
Hopefully I don't mix up the dog and kid medicines. That would be bad.
Will we ever catch a break? I am tired and poor!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

It sounds like you need a couple big hugs! Although, I don't want to get too close in fear I may catch something..j/k! I hope everyone is feeling better soon and all the dr. visits come to an end!

Fran said...

Poor baby!!!! I hope she gets better soon and y'all have no more sickness this year!!!

Laura said...

Oh wow, you guys do need a break! I hope everyone is feeling better now!